- Abstract submission deadline is midnight South African Standard Time on 28th April 2023. Abstracts will not be accepted after this date.
- Notification of acceptance/decline will commence on or before 12th May 2023.
- All abstracts can be submitted online through the congress website at https://sctssa.org.za/conference/
- Abstracts should not have been presented at other meetings or congresses. However, new aspects of the previously published or presented materials may be considered.
- All abstracts will be reviewed and the final selection made by the Committee.
- All abstracts must be written in English.
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as submitted by the author.
- The text cannot exceed 300 Words. No graphics will be permitted.
The one paragraph abstract should briefly state:
- Objectives: Indicate the purpose of the study or the hypothesis that was tested.
- Methodology: Include the setting for the study, the subjects, the diagnosis or intervention, and the type of statistical analysis if appropriate
- Results: Present the results of the study.
- Conclusions: Briefly discuss the data and emphasize the significance of the results.
Criteria for evaluating the quality of abstracts include originality of ideas and methods, concise presentation of methods and results, clarity of application and implementation and quality of writing.
Conference theme and general categories
The theme of the Conference is “Dealing with the left”.
The general categories under which abstracts for oral presentations will be submitted and reviewed are as follows:
- Cardiac Surgery
- Paediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery